Version 4.4.2 - 12th October 2021
The following information is intended for existing users who are already familiar with AstroGrav and want to quickly find out about the main changes.
Version 4.4.2 of AstroGrav is an upgrade containing bug fixes and performance improvements. If you already have a copy of AstroGrav, all you need to do is to download Version 4.4.2 and use it in place of your old version. If you have any problems with this new version, please don't hesitate to contact us so that we can help you out.
Version 4.4.2 of AstroGrav has the following new and improved features.
Solar System Simulations
Version 4.4.2 of AstroGrav includes the following improvements to solar system simulations.
- A bug has been fixed that could occasionally cause bizarre and obviously incorrect behavior during evolution, with the Planets, All Moons sample simulation being a good example of this problem.
- Earth-based views in the Solar System sample simulations now automatically view from the home location, instead of from the previously 'hard-wired' locations.
- Planetary aberration is now switched on in all the view windows of the solar system sample simulations.
- A new view window in a solar system simulation now has planetary aberration automatically switched on instead of off.
- An Append Epochs to Names option has been added to the Edit / Import Objects... command, which when selected, appends the epoch date to the name of any object that is imported.
- Switching the viewpoint from one Earth location to another with a fixed horizon now leaves the horizon sensibly positioned near the bottom of the window.
Version 4.4.2 of AstroGrav also has many other minor improvements and bug fixes, including the following.
- A bug has been fixed that made it impossible to select a very small object that was in transit against a much larger object.
- A bug has been fixed that caused the angle line and text to be drawn in the wrong color when using the Control+Shift+Drag (Command+Shift+Drag on a Mac) command with View / Show / Inverted switched on.
- A bug has been fixed that stopped a structure window from being updated to show the result of an Edit / Merge Objects command, giving the impression that the command hadn't been executed.
- An Include Logo option has been added to the Tools / Take Snapshot... command.
- A bug has been fixed that caused all orbits to disappear after cancelling the Edit / Import Objects... command.
- A bug has been fixed that caused all orbits to disappear after using the Edit / Cut or Edit / Paste commands.