AstroGrav Help /Sample Simulations /Solar SystemVersion 5.0.1
Solar System contains a wide variety of solar system simulations, including planets, moons, asteroids, comets, eclipses, and spacecraft, together with the uses of different viewpoints when studying them.
- +Basic contains the basic solar system simulations, which are the starting point for creating all other solar system simulations. They all use the ICRF/J2000.0 reference frame.
- Asteroids contains simulations of asteroids which are in some way interesting or unusual.
- Comets contains simulations of comets which are in some way interesting or unusual, particularly those whose orbits are significantly changed by the gravitational influence of Jupiter and the other planets.
- Eclipses contains simulations of solar eclipses that are of particular interest to those living in the USA or Europe.
- Miscellaneous contains miscellaneous solar system simulations, which are those that don't fit neatly into any of the other sub-folders.
- Spacecraft contains simulations of space missions in which "gravity assists" were used to reach the mission target.
- Viewpoints contains solar system simulations that illustrate the uses of different viewpoints when studying them.
Copyright © 2005-2023, AstroGrav Astronomy Software