Illustrative Sample Simulations
A wide variety of sample simulations are provided, and these enable you to experiment with AstroGrav without having to go to the trouble of creating your own simulations. These sample simulations include abstract simulations, exoplanet simulations, and a wide range of solar system simulations illustrating asteroids, comets, eclipses, spacecraft, multiple viewpoints, and many others. There is also a simulation specially provided for use with the tutorial that accompanies AstroGrav. Each sample simulation has accompanying notes explaining what the simulation is, and in some cases include how it was created, what you can do with it, and ideas for further investigation.
- Abstract Systems contains simulations of a variety of abstract systems that can be studied, modified, and used as a source of ideas for further investigation.
- Exoplanet Systems contains simulations of exoplanet systems in which the orbits and interactions of the exoplanets are in some way interesting or unusual.
- Solar System / +Basic contains the basic solar system simulations, which are the starting point for creating all other solar system simulations. They all use the ICRF/J2000.0 reference frame.
- Solar System / Asteroids contains simulations of asteroids which are in some way interesting or unusual.
- Solar System / Comets contains simulations of comets which are in some way interesting or unusual, particularly those whose orbits are significantly changed by the gravitational influence of Jupiter and the other planets.
- Solar System / Eclipses contains simulations of solar eclipses that are of particular interest to those living in the USA or Europe.
- Solar System / Miscellaneous contains miscellaneous solar system simulations, which are those that don't fit neatly into any of the other sub-folders.
- Solar System / Spacecraft contains simulations of space missions in which "gravity assists" were used to reach the mission target.
- Solar System / Viewpoints contains solar system simulations that illustrate the uses of different viewpoints when studying them.
- A Tutorial simulation is provided for use with the tutorial that accompanies AstroGrav.