AstroGrav Help /Menus /Tools /Take SnapshotVersion 5.0.1
Tools / Take Snapshot ()Operating Systems: All
Window Types: All
Simulation Types: All
Takes a snapshot of the active window or the entire screen.
When you select this command, a small dialog will be displayed allowing you to specify what type of snapshot you would like to take. This provides you with the following options.
- The Area box specifies which of the following areas are to be visible in the snapshot.
- Main Area Only specifies a snapshot of the main area of the active window, excluding both the tool bar and the status bar.
- Main Area & Status Bar specifies a snapshot of the main area and status bar of the active window, excluding the tool bar.
- Entire Window specifies a snapshot of the entire active window, including the tool bar, the status bar, and the window decorations.
- Entire Screen specifies a snapshot of the entire screen, including anything that is visible from other applications or the operating system.
- Include Logo specifies whether or not to include a Created with AstroGrav logo in the bottom-right corner of the snapshot.
If you accept this dialog, a Save Snapshot file chooser dialog will be displayed. This allows you to navigate your computer's file system to choose a location and name for the snapshot file. The exported file will be in lossless PNG format, so that its image quality will be the same as in the active window itself.
Copyright © 2005-2023, AstroGrav Astronomy Software