Version 3.3.2 - 25th April 2016
Version 3.3.2 of AstroGrav is an upgrade containing minor improvements and bug fixes. This information is intended for existing users who are already familiar with AstroGrav and want to quickly find out about the main changes. This is a free upgrade for customers who have already purchased an AstroGrav 2 or AstroGrav 3 license, so that all you need to do is download Version 3.3.2 and use it in place of your old version. If you have any problems with this new version, please don't hesitate to contact us so that we can help you out.
Version 3.3.2 of AstroGrav has a wide range of minor improvements and bug fixes, including the following.
- The Edit / Date/Time... command has been improved for non-solar system simulations by allowing you to switch between dates and times if desired, and also by providing you with a choice of units instead of restricting you to the simulation's unit.
- The Evolve / Evolve To... command has been improved by providing you with a choice of units instead of restricting you to the simulation's unit.
- The Edit / Import Objects... command has been modified to ensure that the 'Fast Import' checkbox is always initially deslected, in order to avoid the possibilty of accidental inaccurate imports of asteroids and comets. The progress dialog has also been improved so that it progresses at a much more uniform rate.
- The order of the files in the File / Open Recent... menu has been changed from the order in which the files were last opened to the order in which the files were last closed. As a consequence, when AstroGrav is configured to open the latest simulation on startup, the most recently closed simulation is the one that is automatically opened when AstroGrav starts up.
- A bug has been fixed that could cause the View / Show All / Distances... and View / Show Selected / Distances... commands to calculate incorrect values.
- A bug has been fixed that could cause the View / Show All / MOIDs... and View / Show Selected / MOIDs... commands to fail in some circumstances.
- The Edit / Edit Object..., Edit / Add Object..., and Edit / Add Family... commands have been modified to allow luminosities to be editable with all types of objects.
- The drawing of trajectories with the View / Show All / Trajectories... and View / Show Selected / Trajectories... commands has been improved to avoid drawing unwanted cusps at sharp turns in the trajectories.
- A bug has been fixed that could cause the Evolve / Evolve To... command to evolve to the wrong time when using the fractional days unit.
- The default set of units that is used when creating a new simulation has been changed from SI units to units that are more suitable for an astronomical simulation.
- The default mass threshold of a new simulation has been changed from zero to 1020 kilograms, and the default time step of a new simulation has been changed from 1,000 seconds to 0.01 days.
- The default radii, luminosities, and masses of the objects in the Edit / Add Family... command have been changed to more useful values.
- A bug has been fixed in the Tools / Create Movie... command that caused an obscuring window to appear in a movie when the 'Entire Window' option was being used.
- The order of the constellations in the Edit / Find... command has been changed to alphabetic.
- The application icon has been replaced with a much improved and more contemporary icon.
- The calculation of radiation pressure for zero mass objects has been improved.
- Minor improvements have been made to the STEREO and Three Body System sample simulations.