AstroGrav Help /Menus /View /Fix...Version 5.0.1
View / Fix... ()Operating Systems: All
Window Types: View windows only
Simulation Types: All
Sets the fixed point in the active view window.
When you select this command, a dialog will be displayed that allows you to choose which point should be fixed in position when doing any of the following in the active view window.
- Evolving the system.
- Rotating the system.
- Moving towards or away from the fixed point.
This dialog gives you the following choices.
- Background allows you to fix the background in position.
- Barycenter allows you to fix the barycenter of the entire system in position.
- Star allows you to fix a particular background star in position. You specify which particular background star in the adjacent text field. The option to fix a background star is only available in solar system simulations.
- Family allows you to fix the barycenter of a particular family in position. You specify which particular family in the adjacent text field.
- Object allows you to fix a particular object in position. You specify which particular object in the adjacent text field.
- Horizon allows you to fix the horizon in position when you are viewing from a location on an object (such as the Earth). The horizon is automatically kept horizontal, so that it is not possible to rotate the view, although it can still be moved horizontally and vertically. The option to fix the horizon is only available in solar system simulations, and is disabled (grayed out) unless you are viewing from a location on an object.
Copyright © 2005-2023, AstroGrav Astronomy Software